The best engineer in all of Koppai!
Alphie is a Discord bot made up of multiple microservices, mainly written in Go and currently running on a cluster of four nodes.
This was my little passion project during my first year at ETH and was mainly made with the purpose of helping students in their day-to-day life at ETH, provide some entertainment, and let me practically learn how to run a microservice architecture.
Alphie’s features include:
- Reliable uptime with Kubernetes.
- Creating clips of currently livestremaing ETH lectures on demand to view them again later.
- Random 2D image generation of a fluid or a ball bouncing around in a box.
- Automatic TODO lists generated for course assignments, where students can subscribe to preset schedules or add their own items.
- Playing a game of Blackjack in a Discord chat.